Do you like to buy a safe, comfortable as well as budget-friendly stroller for your little angel and your family?
But what makes a stroller perfect for you?
Definitely, choosing the best stroller and car seat is quite a complex task.
But, if you know what your needs and budget, you can easily choose a perfect stroller and car seat for you.
Read our article on how to choose a stroller and car seat. When you’ll finish reading, obviously you’ll be able to find the best baby stroller and car seat for your baby.
How To Choose A Stroller and Car seat- What To Consider
Are you a first-time mom?
Are you searching for a stroller for your toddler?
Do you have a plan on having another baby within 2-3 years?
The two distinct stages of stroller usage are:
- The infant car seat stage– Baby’s first 6 months. At this stage, you should choose a stroller that is infant car seat compatible.
- The full-size strolling stage– Child’s 7 months to 3+ years. Choose a stroller that can meet the needs of your baby when he’ll grow older.
If your baby is at the newborn stage, look at the following features of a stroller before buying:
- Parent facing
- Lie –back seat
- Well-padded seat
- Covering hood and rain cover
Moreover, you’ll need to use a baby car seat that clips into the stroller seat. It’ll help you to move your baby from the car to home without disturbing her.
If your child is a toddler, check out the following features of a stroller:
- Good fit for height and weight
If you plan to have more than one child, consider a single-to-double convertible stroller. It will save your money to buy a double stroller later.
If the stroller doesn’t come with the second seat, you may have the option to buy the second seat to fit when the time comes.
How To Choose A Stroller And Car Seat- Step By Step Guidelines
Choosing the best combination of stroller and car seat is really a challenging task. But following the steps below will definitely help you to make the right buying decision for you and your little angel.
STEP 1: CHOOSE THE CAR SEAT
If your baby is in the infant stage, you have two options to buy a car seat-
Option1: Buy the stroller and the car seat as one purchase.
Option 2: Buy the stroller and the car seat separately and connect them to the adapter.
Buying stroller and infant car seat as one purchase will save you money.
Depending on the growth of your baby, you’ve to switch to a convertible car seat. The car seat will remain installed in the car. On the other hand, you may use the stroller during his entire toddlerhood.
The Following Factors You Should Consider When Buying A Car Seat
- Five-point harness and easy to adjust, well-fitting straps and buckle
- Head support- Look for comfortable head support to give your infant a better and safe ride. It’s a safer option than using a neck pillow or attachment.
- Energy-absorbing foam to keep baby safe and protect from impact
- Deep Sidewalls and adequate barriers around the spine, neck, and head.
- Ease of use- Look for how easy the car seat is to install in your car and secure your baby.
- Compatible with Latch system-It’ll allow you to attach the car seat directly to the car. It’s easy to install.
- Easy cleaning-Look for the car seat that comes with detachable, machine washable covers.
STEP 2: NARROW YOUR SELECTION OF STROLLERS
A car seat compatible stroller ensures the quick transfer of your baby from the car to the stroller without disturbing him. The compatibility of the car seat to the stroller and the ease of use is probably one of the significant features to consider.
Three types of car seat compatible strollers are:
- Car Seat Frame Strollers
- Travel Systems
- Strollers with Car Seat Adapters/ Full-size strollers
Here’s a quick look at each type:
Car Seat Frame Strollers
- Great option for new parents
- Provides a compact and lightweight frame-on-wheels for infant car seat
- Lightweight and very convenient
- Easy to fold and compact for easy storage
- Have a limited lifespan. You can use it as long as your infant can fit in the infant car seat.
- Include both an infant car seat and a stroller
- Suitable to use after your baby has outgrown his infant car seat
- Comparatively heavier, larger and more expensive than a car seat frame stroller.
- To learn more: Things to Consider When Buying a Travel System Strollers
Strollers with Car Seat Adapters/ Full-size strollers
- Enable a car seat to attach to them
- Offer Click-In Systems and Strap-In Systems car seat attachment method
- “Click-in” adapters are more convenient and safe
- For long-term use
STEP 3: DETERMINE YOUR STROLLING NEEDS
When taking into account what type of stroller to buy for attaching the car seat, there are some points to keep in mind. Every parent has different strolling needs. First, you need to determine exactly how you will use your stroller and why you feel you need one.
If your strolling life is limited to the mall and grocery stores, the lightweight single stroller is one of the best option.
However, if you like to get out of the house to nature with your baby and like jogging, a jogging stroller is a great choice for you.
Some jogging strollers offer you to carry more than one child. These types of stroller have one-behind the other or side-by-side sitting arrangement.
STEP 4: CONSIDER THE FUNCTIONALITY, MANEUVERABILITY, AND OTHER FEATURES
If you’re a first-time mom and your baby is using an infant car seat, most of the features of a luxurious stroller are less significant.
But, if you think to use the stroller for long-term, you should consider some features such as functionality, maneuverability, storage and so on.
You’re almost at the end of our article on how to choose a stroller and car seat.
Hope, our guide has provided you all the important information and guidelines to choose the best stroller and car seat for you and your baby.
So What Are You Waiting For?
Select and buy the best stroller and car seat for your precious little one.
Enjoy your parenthood!